14 June, 2010

Catching up!



Hurrah! I've Doodled a playdate and harassed my buddies into playing boardgames in various locations in Cambridge sometime next week (this is for testing purposes only as I have used Doodle for meeting up with people before). Doodle is a handy tool for scheduling meetings for work and personal events and I like that you can keep things private if needs be. Think I've also used Meet-o-matic in the past but I seem to remember it doesn't allow you to specify time-slots as easily... Don't quote me on that, I might have to look at it again. The obvious advantage for the students is not having to come in to the library to sign up for induction tours or training sessions, they can do it from the luxury of their College rooms. Handy for staff meetings when people are situated in the far-flung corners of the Cambridge campus. Yes, I like this tool. Will use more often!

I've organised every hour of my life until next Sunday using Google Calendar and am already overwhelmed with the reminders. Stupidly at first I added my mobile number. I've taken that off now! Took me a little while to realise the difference between an event and a task, but I think I've mastered that now. So yes, another handy tool, and can see the potential of using it as a training and "What's on?" type thingy. Think I might stick to my 3 paper diary system for my personal life though. I don't really like the computer shouting at me so much!

I've just attempted to join the dreaded Twitter... Apparently there are far too many "Tweeple" at the moment. *Sigh* I'm starting to feel left out of something I didn't want to join in the first place! Baaahhh. I'll try again later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment