29 June, 2010

I do apologise, I seem to have just micro-blogged.

So, I've FINALLY managed to join Twitter.

I'm still a little traumatised at the sheer amount of information that bombards you once you start following someone. I've limited my adoration to libraries, newspapers, publishers and some arty things so far. It's already under and overwhelming me. I don't see myself updating a personal Twitter account to be honest... As a way to communicate with the students however, it's definitely another avenue.

As Miss Crail has already pointed out, I really am not interested in the minutiae of people's lives. The content of some tweets is just, well, pointless. On the other hand the articles that I've already come across after 'following' the likes of Guardian books and The Onion have been so much more informative. It still seems to be an awful lot to disseminate though... It will require a bit more work before I get the hang of it. A list of desired and reliable sources should be drawn up first of all I feel, before trying to tackle the seemingly infinite amount of Tweeple that you could follow. Otherwise like myself, you'll get lost and feel helpless, similar to the feeling I always get when I go into HMV without a specific list of albums or DVDs.

Onwards and upwards... Flickr, Delicious here I come!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment