25 August, 2010

Delicious

Well... Luckily I remembered that I had set up a Delicious account about 3 years ago for the library. I had played around with it at the time, saving a few tags for our various disciplines, general University information, general information resources and other library catalogues. Originally this was to develop a "tag cloud" for our library website... As with all good intentions it soon fizzled out owing to the start of the academic year, lo and behold we've had a further two and I haven't developed it further!

However, revisiting the account was enlightening... The style and layout of Delicious had changed, a cleaner and far more visually appealing platform awaited me! It's still an easy process to add tags and organise them. I will spend some time inputting more of the information already on our website and adding more links to new resources that I've now been exposed to via Cam23 (blogs, twitter, facebook and netvibes accounts of interest etc.)

It's actually inspired me to set up a personal account also (I'd always meant to do that), as I do hate realising that the link I saved for "that pair of shoes I desperately need to drool over" is on my home pc when I'm on my lunch break, and vice versa. It will put an end to my many self-addressed emails whose content amounts to a piddly link or two that seem to clog up my inbox...

No comments:

Post a Comment