17 August, 2010

Sliding shares...

Sorry, sharing slides!

With the start of the new academic term and the new-techie-in-me looming, slideshare seems like a good way to erm... steal... I mean borrow and be inspired by other library and user content. Good examples of other library inductions, tutorials and presentations are available and easy to find. Great place to host our own (when we produce them of course!) presentations and tutorials.

Amount of advertising surrounding the content is slightly overwhelming at times though..

Having been engrossed in my own fascinating world for such a long time, the start and significance of Web 2.0 technologies (especially in relation to the library experience) sort of passed me by. I mean, I used Web 2.0 technologies avidly, but was never aware that I was? So a lovely simple presentation from 2006 (Library 2.0 Cookbook by K.G. Schneider) actually summed it all up for me, made me realise how much I already utilise and how our users probably have no concept of Web 1.0 anymore! The philosophy behind the content of this presentation represents the direction that I hope our library is currently moving in, and definitely represents the spirit of 23 Things.

Check out this SlideShare Presentation:

No comments:

Post a Comment