25 August, 2010

Reflection...

Where to start?

What... have... I... learnt...?

The most surprising thing I've learnt about myself and Web 2.0 is that I'm far more IT literate and tolerant than I thought I was! Sure I love the internet for buying food, looking at shoes, reading bits of irrelevant gossip and fulfilling my insatiable need for information on ridiculous people such as Justin Bieber. However I'd always viewed the internet in a different light when it came to "proper work". That was just the catalogue, databases, and the prominent websites in the information world surely? No room for fun, photos and interaction! Cam23 has made me realise that libraries and the information world have become very sociable creatures, with many ways to interact with them and even more ways to extract very useful and specific information from them.

I have also been shown how to ORGANISE all this very useful and specific information so that I don't lose it in amongst my rather untidy bookmark collection, or as previously mentioned countless amount of self-addressed emails!

I'm looking forward to exploring the next half of the Thing experience, and using further applications that will prove useful to myself, the students and the other members of staff in the library. Finally I'm starting to feel like I'm catching up with the students and how they now approach their search for information...

No comments:

Post a Comment